Happy St. Patrick's day! I have an easy project to share with you. Whether you need decorations for your home or to decorate yourself, this easy Crochet Charms necklace is Is what you might need!
All you do is take your favorite four leaf clover pattern and connect them together with a chain stitch. If you don't have a favorite pattern, I have a simple one for you.
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
tc = treble crochet
sl st = slip stitch
1) Make a circle, either by making a magic circle or doing a chain two or three and slip stitch to complete the circle. Then chain 1 and sc 8 stitches. Sl st to first stitch.
*I decided to use three treble crochet stitches because it makes the leaves stand taller. If you are unsure how to do this you can do two or three double crochet, however big you want your leaf to be.*
2) Chain 2. Three (3) double or treble crochet into the next stitch. Chain 2 and sl st into the next stitch. This is one leaf. Do this sequence 3 more times (chain 2, 3 dc or tc in next stitch, chain 2 and sl st in next stitch).
Once you have 4 leaves, then you make the stem.
3) Chain 5. Flip the project to the back sl st on the back of each chain. This will make a short stick. (4 stitches total)
You can add more chains here to make it longer.
4) You'll want to slip stitch towards the center of the clover to secure the stem and start chaining to the next clover.
5) This is how the back of the finished clover looks like. Now you can chain 20 or more stitches, make a circle with 8 stitches and start another clover.
You can either keep on going and make a long clover garland, or keep it shorter and make a necklace or skinny scarf. My three strand necklace has 18 clovers. You can make it as long as you need!
I hope my instructions and pictures were clear. if there are any questions leave me a comment. Now I will have no excuse to forget to wear green. Enjoy your new project!