Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pattern: Simple Crocheted Square Pattern



Today I am sharing my crocheted bandana pattern. It is very simple to make, and I will try to keep the directions simple. Let me know if there are any questions.

Materials:
  • Any yarn of your liking
  • I used a G 4.25MM hook, but you can choose whatever size necessary.

Helpful videos:

Row 1: Chain 64 - or as many chains as you need. Make sure it's in multiples of 3 because you skip every 2 stitches.
At the end of the chain, add 8 extra chains. This will start the next row.



Row 2-16, etc.: Count the 7 or 8 extra stitches back from hook and do a double crochet. Chain 2, skip 2 stitches and do another double crochet.


Repeat *chain 2, skip 2, double crochet* until you get to the end of the chain.

To go to the next row, chain 6 and do a double crochet in the next row, above the previous double crochet.

Continue this until you get a square shape. I did about 16 rows. Since I only had 2 small balls of yarn for the first bandana pictured, I wanted to use everything I had.


In the second bandana I made with the blue yarn, I did a 6x6 square. So any sized square shape will work.


Continue with the *chain 2, skip 2, double crochet* pattern around the square until you get the length you want. You can also use this as a basic shawl or afghan pattern. I'm going to keep double crocheting around to see how big it gets.

”Manic

I linked this blog entry to:
This Silly Girl's Life  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...