So this is my "weight loss plan". I need to combine the things I have been doing into one package to get the results I want. I haven't been losing weight, and I am afraid it might be something that I'd have to talk to a doctor about. I don't want to waste my money on things I can try to fix myself. So here is a list of my plans for here on out. *raises right hand* I promise to write an update next month to show my progress. It's only fair!
- I will be using the Calorie Count app on my phone to keep track of my food, activity, weight and water intake. I have to admit, I have not been following a great food regiment. I used to use My Fitness Pal, but I think Calorie Count is more visually pleasing. The app is not only colorful, but they show all the options you use on the main page, including posts from other users about their progress. I get an email from Calorie Count as well, with other success stories and struggles.
- The best part of this app is that it is always showing on the top bar of my phone, so I can remember to always log in my food intake. That's always the most difficult think for me. I remember doing weight watchers 10 years ago, and it did benefit to write down the food you eat (or were thinking of eating). I may even try to use both apps to see which one is more beneficial.
- With this app, I will track my food intake, drink A LOT (at least a gallon) of water, calculate my exercises, and occasionally check my weight. The biggest thing about weight loss and muscle building is that weight doesn't matter. If you are losing inches, the weight part doesn't matter. That's a big struggle for me to understand.
- Since I am tracking what exercises I do, it will be easier for me to remember to change my exercises every week. I love swimming, but I can't do it every day (I wish!). Imagine what would happen to my hair?! Knowing how many calories I burn will help me know how many extra I need to burn for any special dinner party coming up.
- In the beginning of the year, I tried being a raw vegan. It wasn't a bad plan, and buying only fruits and veggies is not as expensive as one may think. I am still bringing fruits with me to work. I just have to up the amount of raw foods and cut out sugars, wheat, dairy, etc. If my weight is a result of these things, I need to stop eating them!! (I keep telling this to myself all the time).
- I got to get back on my 100 squats a day workouts!
Following Sunny With A Chance of Sprinkles' post, I decide to post my before picture. It was taken last month, but I still look the same:
Today's weight: 209.4
It's ALL in the stomach area (and no I have not had a baby).
Goodbye weight! Time to eat my homemade salad with tuna and get some workout in!
(FYI, I was not given any compensation for writing about My Fitness Pal, Calorie Count, or C25K.)