Monday, December 9, 2013

Crochet Poinsettia Pattern

I was so busy on Friday documenting how to make the crochet poinsettia, I didn't have time to put a post together!

I wanted to make different colored snowflakes. I made a green one, and I got an idea on how to make the snowflakes look like poinsettias.

This pattern is modified from the Crochet Snowflake pattern I posted on Thursday.

Crochet Poinsettia Pattern

> Add this pattern to Ravelry HERE

> Purchase an ad-free, printable PDF HERE


Follow Rounds 1-4 of the Snowflake Pattern.

1)2)


3)4)


5)6)

From here on, I crocheted on the posts of Round 2. I am using a red yarn so what I am doing will be visible. 
First, single crochet in the post below last stitch in Round 4. I used the post that was the easiest to find.

Now you will want to follow the Round 5 pattern to get the small pointy petals.
Chain 3.

Double crochet in the next post to the left.



 Chain 3 again and make the point with a slip stitch to the first stitch in the chain.




Double crochet again in the next post to the left.




Chain 3 again.

Single crochet in the next 2 posts, and do the pattern again 5 more times.


I didn't do 2 single crochet in this picture, but it is needed for the spacing. Make sure there are 2 single crochet before chaining the next petal!


Here are the completed petals. You should have 6.



From here you can continue round 5 in the white section of the poinsettia.




Here is the look of the completed poinsettia. I decided to finish Round 5 in white.


Here is the poinsettia in red. I actually preferred the white and red mix.



Then all you do is make a green snowflake...
and crochet the two together with a slip stitch. Pretty cool, huh? I got  really nice lighting on this picture. :)



You can purchase a pdf of this pattern on my Ravelry page. Follow this link to download and print the PDF document!

I shared my blog post on:
Krafty Cards etc. Christmas Crafts Round-Up
I party with Remodelaholic Love Bakes Good Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...