Thursday, May 22, 2014

Monogram Market Bag - the Letter M

I donated one of my market bags to the Ultimate Blog Party prizes. When I received the specific colors of the winner's choice, I had to create something special to make her bag unique. She chose her alma mater colors of royal blue and gray for the University of Memphis. I started looking online for ideas, and I thought to make a large M on her bag. I wanted it to look like the letterman jacket letter from high school, and I found the perfect inspiration.


I was inspired by this M pattern from  A Crocheted Simplicity's Etsy page. I figured out how to make the two sides of the letter, but the V part was difficult.

Crochet Pattern: Book Antiqua "M" Applique, University of Michigan Inspired "M"

I looked online again and settled to use this crochet V pattern from Moogly. It was the perfect thickness and length I wanted.


The Moogly Crochet Alphabet - free patterns! #crochet

I connected all three parts together with a variation of the mattress stitch from Aesthetic Nest's tutorial. Lastly, I slip stitched around the M with the grey yarn.







I sewed the M the market bag with blue yarn. It still looks somewhat crooked to me, but that's my perfectionist talking. It looks as good as it can get for the time I spent crocheting the bag.




If I get more interest in these letters, I think I will writing some patterns.



 

And here's me attempting to model. I wanted to show how big the bag is. 



~ Sara

I shared this blog post on:
Love Bakes Good Cakes   ”TitiCrafty Skip To My Lou

1 comment:

  1. I'd love the pattern for the letter M. I'm trying to crochet a UofM hat and need the M.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...