Wednesday, June 11, 2014

DIY Father's Day Gift Ideas

I've been working on crochet project so much, I don't want to forget Father's Day. My dad is a special breed. He's not a fan of any sport team. He doesn't grill. He's techie, but I don't have the funds to get him that type of present. He likes certain music, but he doesn't buy CD's or music online. Remembering the father's day gift list from a father that I posted last year, I am still in the same boat this year.

The one thing my father does have is a movie collection. He loves "action, adventure, science fiction". That's what he says every time we ask him what movie he'd like to watch. He's particular about his movies too, so most of the time movie pickings are slim. I always have to check with my sister to see if we have a certain movie. 

Great Themed DVD Gift Basket for Dad this Father’s Day #JackRyanBluRay #shop #cbias
(source)
I think he already has these movies, so I think I need to keep searching. He always knows how to find great movies in the clearance bin!


With that being said, I have very limited choices. I like to purchase gifts with meaning, and sometimes a movie is a not the sentiment I am looking for. So here are a few gifts that are simple and practical, especially for a dad like mine.
free father's day card
(source)
I always love cards like this. It gives my dad a choice of what he wants to do. He loves Outback Steakhouse, and he enjoys naps. He'd laugh at the thought of a new car (I could do that...one day). 


(source)
I love this scrabble letter frame. You can even do a then and now picture of you and your father.


Father's Day Crown
(source)
This is something I would have loved to do as a child. Give him a crown and be king for the day. I'm keeping this for the future.


(source)
I'd have to wake up extra early to do something like this, since Father's Day is on a Sunday. It'll be nice to prep some breakfast.


Father's Day Candy Bar Wrappers
(source)
My dad always gets a Hershey's candy bar with almonds, so this would be a nice card to put it in.

My dad is also a grandfather, so I found a few more ideas.

DIY Father's Day Shirt
(source)
A DIY Bleach Pen t-shirt. I saw a few shirts online that said Dad or Grandpa Est. (year). My dad would have Papa on his shirt. Glad I finally found a DIY!

2915377758510628864060 PAPA Grandpa Since (ANY YEAR) Gift Idea for grand parents Tshirt T Shirt Tee Shirt Mens Womens Ladies Youth Kids Geek Funny
(source)


(source)
I can't give him something like this (yet), but it's a good idea to have for the future. I love this phrase. I couldn't find a DIY, but this is simple to recreate.


See what else I've pinned in my Father's Day DIY Board!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...