Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pinterest experiment: Egg muffin souffles

My mom and I get some time together on Saturday mornings. Last Saturday, she wanted to make these breakfast quiches. She saw a recipe many times on Facebook, but she could not find the post that morning. So we made our own variation.


I beat 8 eggs together, and my mother chopped up spinach, carrots, tomatoes, red peppers and potatoes. She cooked the potatoes before adding them in. The muffin tray was stuffed, and the 8 eggs were just enough to fill the pan.



 Then it went into the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


 I cut up and cooked two more potatoes as a side. It's so much better to cut your own and watch them cook to a crispy perfection.


 Look at those souffles rise!



 Here's another look at the potatoes. I just cut them into small pieces, fried them and added a little salt.



 Here is the final result! They shrunk down when we took them out of the oven, but they were still delicious!



 What an easy and delicious breakfast. My mom found the recipe later and saw that there is milk and flour in the egg portion, so they bake more like biscuits. We also thought to add ham. Maybe we will try that next time.


 These were great for our first try, and my mom was so happy to finally get the chance to make them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...