Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Recipe Test: Mac & Cheese and Mini Cheesecake Bites



Last week I threw my fiance a birthday party. He loves inviting people to the house and gives everyone the grand tour. We had the usual snacks of chips, salsa, hummus, pretzels and trail mix. But I wanted to try to make something from scratch. 

First I looked up recipes for cheesy mac and cheese because it's his favorite. I found this Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Very Best Baking. I was surprised they added eggs, just as I would to a casserole. But it was an easy recipe, and it's great to make ahead of time and freeze for later. I made the mac and cheese on Friday night and took it out of the freezer the next day to cook. I didn't get a chance to get a good picture of it. Once someone got a sample it was gone in a flash! I will definitely be making that recipe again, but in the meantime enjoy this lovely picture from the website. it looked that good!

Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese

The next recipe I found is one of my favorites for cheesecake. Lorenzo absolutely LOVES cheesecake, and I was happy to try this Raspberry Cheesecake Bites recipe from Real Housemoms. Lorenzo had a mini muffin tray, and I wanted to see if I could make little cheesecake with those. Event though it took a long time to prepare the little bites, they were delicious! Instead of having the raspberry toppings, I had strawberry and his favorite blueberry jelly to add on top or keep plain. The kids even liked the bites. I also made three square 3x3 pans of cheesecakes, and one with blueberry compote mixed in the batter. Of course I didn't take pictures of those cakes, but I will make some more later.


May went by so fast! It's already June, and we have 5 months and 2 weeks to go with wedding plans (165 days to be exact, thanks to Wedding Wire). I'll write some posts up soon about what we've come up with so far. It will also keep me more organized to write on what we're working on. #SaRenzo2016

I linked this blog post on:
Our Home of Many Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...