Friday, January 4, 2019

Ravelry Project Challenge: My results for 2018

Did you complete the Ravelry Challenge for 2018?
Check out Ravelry's blog post about last year's project highlights: Eye Candy: 2018 Project Challenge Finishers
Don't have a Ravelry account? 


I have been a member of Ravelry since 2010. I didn't start following patterns and posting my projects until 2012. I only had 7 projects posted within 2 years. I made 7 more items in 2013. In 2014 through 2017 I began testing patterns and increased my skills in stitches and making a variety of items. 


In 2018 when the challenge came along, I was slowing down and I didn't feel motivated. But I decided to try the challenge, and I'm glad I did! At first, I challenged myself to complete 10 different patterns, which was a feat in itself. It took me 6 months to complete the first 10. I changed my challenge to 15 projects, and I left the challenge counter alone. I sold items at a few craft shows at the end of the year as well, and I was crocheting more inventory. 


Last year, I have tried more varieties of stitches and color patterns. I have also been able to finish a few of my hibernating projects. It's so liberating! I'm happy I was able to hit 24 projects this year! I also had a goal to complete at least 100 projects, and I hit that mark as well!


I love using Ravelry because it keeps me on track with my projects, and I can go back to an older patterns I have tried. They don't have a mobile app, but they have a list of apps for Iphone and Android that work with the Ravelry website: https://www.ravelry.com/about/apps




See a list of all my projects in the Challenge HERE

Projects I will try for this year:
  • Make a clothing item - tank top, socks
  • Make an item using fingering, sock or DK yarn
  • Keep using skeins from my yarn stash before purchasing
  • Share some basic crochet skills with others

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...