Monday, May 13, 2013

Puzzle Frames for Mother's Day

What a long and wonderful weekend! I had the pleasure of playing music all weekend and seeing my nephew. He spent the weekend at my parent's house.

For mother's day I wanted to make my mom something special and simple. I went to the dollar tree for inspiration and came back with this idea of a puzzle picture frame.

   

I bought plastic frames and a puzzle from the dollar tree. I also bought paint, but when I saw this puzzle of colorful gum drops, I decided not to paint them.


I glued the puzzles to the frame with a simple glue stick. I was thinking of hot gluing the pieces, but I didn't have the glue gun handy. I'm happy that the glue stick held the puzzle pieces.




I bought two frames to make one for my mother and one for my nephew's grandmother, who adopted him after his mother passed away a couple of years ago.

Thank you for reading! What did you do for mother's day?

Sara


I linked this blog post to:
Thirty Handmade Days Today's Creative Blog  stringtown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...