Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thanksgiving Decorating Ideas: Flowers

So I think I got myself into more than what I bargained for with this post! I started looking for flower decorations, which got me wondering about which flowers were pictured. After looking around the world wide web for flower arrangements for Thanksgiving, I thought to myself "What types of flowers are considered at Thanksgiving?" There were not many options when I searched, but I did find a post on Choosing the Best Thanksgiving Flowers.

These 4 flowers have the meaning of resemblance or reflection: Adonis, Hydrangea, Rose, Statice

 File:Blue Hydrangea.jpg 
 Annual statice

Flowers to celebrate autumn colors:
Black-Eyed Susan, Chrysanthemums, Gerbera Daisy, Lily, Marigold, Poppy
  Gerbera daisy

 Annuals Image Gallery 

I would include Dahlias, TulipsSunflowers and Mums (pom pom version of the Chrysanthemums).
File:Dahlia flower 8.JPG Photo: Close-up of orange tulips
 

Your best bet is to get whatever is fresh and available from a local flower shop or farm (support small businesses!) Here are some photo inspirations I found:

[fall%2520flower%2520arrangement%25205%255B5%255D.jpg]
(source)

(source)

(source)

I shared this blog post on:
Wonderful at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...