Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Writer

I decided to jump back on the writing wagon with Five Minute Fridays (I tend to take short rides).  I have also been reminded that it is National Poetry Writing Month. Good thing it's only the first week, so I have time to catch up. I will write most of my poetry on my music blog, Sara Silva Music, since they may be more thoughtful writing (and I have written one post in that blog this year). Time for the topic of the week:

Write for 5 minutes flat. Link up your post on LisajoBaker.com.

This week’s theme: Writer

freelance-writer

(source)
Funny that today's topic is "writer". I have never thought of myself as one, but I know I have written a few thought-provoking poems and blog posts. I miss writing poems, but at the same time I'm fine with not writing them. It was something I used to do to control my sad emotions and thoughts. After a few years, it became a sad repeat of writing about when the man of my dreams was going to come into my life. 

I think I stopped writing in 2008, when I decided to go back to college. I was going to write plenty with my sociology courses. But I think, in the end, I didn't want to expose myself. I am happy where I am with myself now. But I know there are things I still need to work through. There are emotions that I pushed deep inside, thinking I will never need or see them again. 


This week, jealousy tried to resurface. But I know what it is and how it looks like, and I have to deal with it. I've been fighting with it in my mind, but I need to start fighting it on paper. I've missed how pen or pencil felt on paper. Not that I don't write anything anymore. I write notes at church and bible study. But when I put a piece of myself on a clear white space, anyone can see it. I can't be broad. I tend to write things short and to the point. That's how I need to be. Just get on with it and learn along the way. I need to get back to writing.

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...