Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Part 1: Free Pumpkin Patterns (Pumpkins I Made in 2019)

For the last 2 years, I decided to focus the month of October on making pumpkins. I didn't write a post about the pumpkins I made last year, so here is that post. I am writing a separate post for the pumpkins made in 2020. 

In 2019, the pumpkin craze began with the Tunisian Fall Pumpkins pattern from Arunima Goel of Knitter Knotter. I was so excited to test a Tunisian crochet pattern, and her pumpkins came out great in multiple sizes. It gave me the desire to make more. 

I tested this pattern for Knitter Knotter, and you can find her free pattern Tunisian Fall Pumpkins on her website.


The next pumpkin I made was the Cutest Plaid Pumpkin pattern from Meg Made With Love. She also has two more pumpkin patterns that she made as a set. Check out her Three Rustic Pumpkins patterns on her website.


The third pumpkin pattern I tried was the Pretty in Gingham Pumpkin from Devine Debris. Both the plaid pumpkin and the gingham one were much larger than the others I have made. Looking at this pumpkin now, I can see that I might need to add more stuffing and change the way it lines up. But I really enjoyed making the pumpkin, and I am proud that I was able to follow the design. 


Next up is the Chevron Pumpkin pattern from Made by Mandy. I made the smaller pumpkin with some scrap yarn. I really like the look of this. I need to try the larger version of this pattern. 



The last pattern I tried was the Velvet Pumpkins from To Craft A Home. She had a small and large mini velvet pumpkin to choose from. I had a skein of velvet yarn, so I made the larger size. I also made another one with some leftover orange yarn I had. Overall it was a great pattern, and I love the shape of these pumpkins.

Those were my 2019 pumpkins, and stay tuned for the 2020 Pumpkins post!

2 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...