Saturday, January 2, 2021

Thoughts on the new year

A bonfire for the year-end.

January 1st. It's time to start anew. I look around my home, and I know it's time to start cleaning. At this point in our lives, life may seem mundane. But there are things we can do to make the new year feel new. 

First, we start by cleaning today.  Wash the holiday from the pans and dishes. Clean up the wrappings from Christmas. But as we do this, take one more look and find what can be changed. Find something that can be given away, moved to another room, or discarded.  

Yesterday, we moved a set of table and chairs from the patio to the backyard. I cleared the table of plants. I will find them a new place to live. Now I have a place to sit outside, enjoy a cup of coffee, and crochet in the morning sunlight. 

Don't forget to remove anything that hinders you from moving on to the new year. I had a book that was holding onto for no reason. I was not able to give it away to someone else. It had old writing in it, and it was not necessary for me to hold onto it anymore. So, on the night that we used the fireplace, I was able to destroy the book. 

Any small changes that we make can be a benefit to our daily lives. Just be aware of what is in our way and find a way to change it. You can make many resolutions. All it takes is a single step every day to make a small change, and in the end, it will improve your life immensely.

Time to clean up your mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...