Wednesday, April 5, 2023

March 2023 projects I have completed

I feel like this month is where I have renewed my passion for crochet. I am trying to keep myself interested by finding some crochet, knit or crafting podcasts and vlogs to watch/listen to while I am working. 

I also have in interest in keeping track of how much yarn I use. I never had the desire to weigh my projects and see how many grams of yarn gets used up. But I have been watching more knitting vlogs, and it interests me when they talk about how many grams of yarn is needed to complete their projects. I don't know why I never though about it. Since I have a desire to know what types of patterns can be made with 1 skein of yarn, keeping track of the amount of yarn I have left might be a good idea. 

Here are the projects that I have completed this month. 


First is this lovely Christmas Granny Square Stocking project from Maggie Weldon Best Free Crochet that I began in January. She also has a Green Granny Square Stocking, but I preferred the shape of the one I made. I tend not to attempt Christmas crochet projects because they usually get thrown in the to-do later or the complete-before-next-year pile. But I kept up with this one and completed it, and I also used scrap balls of metallic mixed yarns that I had saved in my stash.

The second project I completed is the Alpine Snowfall Cozy from Leesa's Knotty Corner. I have had this project in my library since January 2021. I had scrap ball of Premier Just Yarn in Persimmon, and I thought to give it a try. The stitches were intermediate and took much focus that I didn't realize I was already at the end of the pattern instructions. I want to make another cozy that is longer to cover my taller cup and maybe add handles. 

As you can see with the third project, I used the remaining amount of Persimmon yarn and made it two-toned with a tan yarn. This is the Simple Twisted Earwarmer from Yarn and Chai. I have made this project in the past but I don't have any previous pictures. 

I have noticed that if I use a skein of scrap yarn, my projects will be in the same colors. I also I lose interest in projects when I keep seeing the same yarn color. I will keep that in mind for next month to work with different color groups. 


What I'm working on...


I am working on the Sweet Summer Sunflower bag from Crochet 365 Knit Too. This is one of the larger projects that I am wanting to complete in April. I have already made the 13 flowers, but then I decided to see how many flowers I can make with the amount of scrap yarn I have in my project bag. We'll have to wait and see what else I will be making.

Let me know what you're working on!

2 comments:

  1. Cute crochet projects! Congratulations on completing so many creative craft items. Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 59.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute accessories -- love that persimmon color! Congratulations on completing these projects. Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 59.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...