Thursday, April 20, 2023

Memories of one of my first crochet projects in 2012

I watched a Youtube podcast video from Wool Needles Hands, and one of the bags she listed reminded me of the first crochet items I used to make ALOT in my beginning journey of crochet. This post also connects with Earth Day coming up soon, as I was very interested in making things out of recycled items (I am still interested in this!).  

I found the Market Bag pattern on Ralvery in 2012 and it was one of my favorites. Also, this is how old the pattern is. I can't find a better photo from the website.

One of the lessons I learned when I began crochet was that Homespun yarn was very difficult to use! I should have tried a larger hook than the H hook they suggested. There was no Homespun yarn thick and quick back then either. If I thought to use 2 strands of homespun it might have been easier to work up. But I did complete a few bags and even sold them at markets.  

 

I also completed a large plarn version of the market bag. It was painful using a regular hook to make the stitches, but I completed it. I wish I took better photos of the finished product. I also don't remember what happened to the bag. I believe someone might have bought it.

 
 

I definitely want to try this pattern again, and maybe I will bring out my stashed plarn to complete a new bag. 

What was your first crochet, knit, or crafting project? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...