Friday, August 9, 2013

Internet Finds: Forty Days of Dating

So here's something I found that will keep my busy for the rest of the month. It's colorful. It's sappy. It's amazing. And my sociological mind is loving this.

Welcome to fortydaysofdating.com. It's the daily writings experiment of two friends on the hunt for meaning in their relationship.


 She is a hopeless romantic. He is afraid of commitment. They decided to test their friend limits to see how and why they act the way they do, and to see if opposites do attract.


They do this by documenting their daily meetings and respond with their thoughts and reactions. 


I am absolutely in love with this concept. For one thing, I love the design and colors. That definitely caught my eye.

I've read up to day 8 (so far), and I can see that they are trying for a raw and true experiment, and not just another reality show/blog. In my opinion, this is one of the most difficult things to document. They have to keep this real and true, or it'll just be another blog. I haven't read the whole thing, but I plan to read it all (by tomorrow. Seriously.) They are on day thirty one, so I haven't missed the end. To me, this is WAY better than any reality tv show!

I already read a couple of interesting topics in their writing.
On day two, there was already talk about the difference between companionship and true happiness in a relationship. Why is there a fear of being alone? Does money really matter?
On day six, her friends were questioning if they were really "dating", even though they haven't been "intimate" yet. Do we all expect this in relationships? What would the difference be if they weren't "doing it"?

I am excited about this project, because we all wonder these things about our own relationships. We tend to sabotage ourselves, but writing things out helps to understand ourselves. This is why I started blogging 10 years ago, to release the extreme emotions and process my reactions. It's a lot cheaper than therapy!

The experiment is already over, but I hope what they find out will challenge others and to see what to look for in their own relationships.

I linked this blog entry to:

  This Silly Girl's Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...