Monday, October 7, 2013

I'd rather be...


What would you rather be doing?

I saw a decal on a car this morning stating that the driver would "rather be fishing" than doing what he was doing today. It started to make me think. This phrase has been the statement of my life. Sometimes there are things that you need to do, like work for money to provide for yourself and your family. And then, there are other things you'd rather be doing, things that could be called your hobby but you know you will be doing for a long time.

I'd rather be working with music. I wouldn't care in what way I would be using it. I just enjoy playing it and singing it and sharing it with others.

Right now I am at a job that I "need" to do, a job that I feel I am at the point of moving on to do someone else. I go through this train of though every 5 years. Right after high school, I started thinking "What should I do next". So I did what any 19 year old would do. I started college and got my AA. I keep asking, "What's next", and I eventually move on to something else. I went back to college in 2008 and finished my bachelor degree.

Now I'm back to "What's next?" I'd rather be doing music 24/7 and earning money that way. But I have to find a niche and work towards that. If it is something along the lines of music I will be very happy.

I'd also rather be blogging, researching, and writing about the fun things I learned. This is why I blog. It gets me exciting about learning to cook new dishes or to create another craft.

What would you rather be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...