Monday, October 21, 2013

Motivation Monday: Just walk

Over the past year, I have been making excuses. I stopped paying for the gym. I thought I was going to be moving, so I stopped exercising.

I think I stopped exercising months before that. I've been frustrated with the progress of my weight. I had gained more muscle, and I know I was losing inches. But the number on the scale still bothered me.

I tried running for a while. It was going good until my knees and Achilles tendon started acting up.

I tried swimming again, but I just couldn't find the right time to go. Plus paying 3 times as much for a gym that I didn't go to as often was more a burden than a blessing.


This morning, I had it. I brought my work out with me, and at lunch time I walk. Just walked. I walked 2 miles around campus. I crossed streets and passed by cars and people. I was going at a fast pace, because I was upset at myself. How could I have put myself in this position again? I was the only one to blame. All the excuses I could think up points the finger to me. I just didn't do it. I quit on myself. I don't want to do that again.


So now I walk. Nothing else will excuse me from walking. It's what I was made to do. I don't need fancy equipment to exercise. I have 2 legs, I need to use them.

I linked this blog entry to:
Our Three Peas

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...