Thursday, June 18, 2015

Yarn stash: Ombre Sayelle and Baby Bear's Back-up Hat

I haven't been feeling well the past few days, and I was in bed a couple of days. But I wanted to make something yesterday. So I looked through Ravelry for any free baby pattern. I wanted to find something to make for my boyfriend's friend's new baby girl. 


This cute hat caught my eye, mostly because that shade of yellow is one of my favorites! It was called Baby Bear's Back-up Hat. It did have a feeling of Winnie the Pooh whimsey.
When I clicked on the link to see the pattern, it sent me to the CrochetMe website, which has a PDF of this pattern and other cute baby patterns for free! (Sorry, this link is not longer working)

I downloaded the PDF and started on the pattern last night. Look how cute it looks!
It looks magical with the morning light shining too. It stops increasing on the 5th round, so this is a newborn size beanie. You could add more increases and length to make any size hat. The stitches were all dc, and the hat took a couple of hours to complete, even though I know it could have been done in one hour.

The yarn was another one of my vintage stash. Two different skeins with the same label were grouped together in a random grab bag. The full skein is lighter than the one I used for the hat, but it still has those nice tones of yellow and green. The clump is all I have left of the color. I'm glad it was put to use.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful little beanie. This yellow shade is one of my favourite colours too....

    The new born will look angelic in the beanie.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...