Friday, July 24, 2015

Pattern Review: Braided scarf and Yarn Stash: Franks Crafts Wintuk


Last month, I had the chance to make this Braided Scarf. I think I've had it in my Ravelry queue since the first time I signed up. 



I used three of my stashed yarns, including the Ombre Sayelle yarn I used in the Baby Bear Hat. The lighter green is the Caron Simply Soft Sage color I used from the Nautilus Cloche pattern. The bright green Frank's Crafts Wintuk yarn is one of a large bag of green and white yarns I purchased from a yard sale, when I just started crocheting. I used some of this green in the Poinsettia ornament pattern.

I used a I (5.55mm) crochet hook, and I did a foundation hdc of 120 stitches.

The blog wasn't really clear on how to sew the braid to make an infinity scarf. You can see in the picture below that I crocheted the three mini scarves together in a row. Now that I think about it, I would have stacked them and crocheted them together. I think I was almost running out of that yarn, so I didn't want it to go to waste. I might sew the stacks later.
I think it would look better if the braids were chunkier. But I am happy with the color combo, and I hope someone would like it.

I shared this blog post at:
Be A Crafter xD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...