Thursday, June 30, 2016

Recipe Test: Zucchini Lasagna Rollups



I tried making Zucchini Lasagna Rollups for dinner on Tuesday night. It kept showing up on my Facebook news feed, so I had to try it out. Although I sliced my fingers twice, I think I still did a good job. Lorenzo really liked it!


I will share a few tips on what I learned from this recipe:

Two 15 oz containers of ricotta cheese will give you more than enough spread. I had enough of everything to make two trays. If I had used a 9 x 13 inch pan like the instructions said to use, I might not have had extra.

Make sure you have a good knife to cut THIN slices of the zucchini. This is where the cuts on my fingers came from. If the slices aren't at least 1/8th of an inch, you will not be able to roll them. I should just call mine zucchini fold ups.

I could only roll up TWO.

I had tons of extra odd cut pieces from the 5 zucchinis the recipe asked me to purchase. I'm not one to waste, so I made another zucchini lasagna where I layered sauce, ricotta cheese mix, mozzarella and zucchini over and over until everything was used up. The second lasagna could have also been stored in the freezer for a later dinner.

Ricotta cheese is MESSY! Be prepared to have your fingers drenched in cheese and sauce while making this. I promise I washed my hands every time I tried rolling a few of them.

If you take time to cook a delicious meal and he has to wait a few hours to eat, he might just set the table. :)



Even though I had struggles, this was an easy meal to put together. The zucchinis were perfectly cooked and had a little crunch. And this meal satisfied my desire for a pasta meal. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...