Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Recipe: Greenie morning smoothie

This year I started incorporating more fruits and vegetables in my diet. I try to make a green yummy drink every morning to start my day. It's very simple to make. All you need is:
  • Orange juice (1 cup or more, depending on how many people you are serving)
  • One handful of spinach (more to make it super green!)
  • Bananas ( I usually put 1 or 2 whole bananas)
  • 1 cup or water (optional)
You can add additional fruits or veggies, like kale, cucumber or tomato. You can also add nutritional yeast or protein powder. As long as you have enough orange juice (or any of your favorite juice) and water, you will not taste the spinach. You will only taste the juice, I promise you! Blend these yummies together and you get a great green breakfast drink!


The best thing about this greenie is that you can drink as much of it as you want, until you get full!

Let me know if you try this out or what you mix to make a morning smoothie. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...