Friday, October 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Laundry

Write for 5 minutes flat. Link up your post on  LisajoBaker.com.
This week's theme: Laundry

(source)
Every time I walk into a laundromat, it brings me to a simpler time. I enjoyed going there, watching the clothes spin, smelling the clean clothes. I know now that my parents have done a lot for our little family. They bought us nice clothing and fed us good food. I know they want the best for me.

We have a washer and dryer at home now, and I do my own loads. But soon there will be a time that I will be on my own. I might not have as much as I would living with my parents. But now I know I will appreciate the little things I will have. 

Life changes when you are on your own. Priorities change. I felt the difference when I flew to California for a week. I felt I had a hold of my own destiny. It felt empowering. Now that I've been back, to the"normal" routine, I don't want to lose that feeling of change.

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...