Friday, October 11, 2013

Fun Fact Friday: My favorite childhood authors

I remember loving to read when I was in elementary school. We would go to the library every Saturday, and I would search for my favorites. From high school through college, I read mostly textbooks. But I still like to think about all the amazing kids books I used to read. Here are 5 of my favorites.

Roald Dahl

These books were some of my favorite. I could never get enough of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I looked up Roald Dahl on Google, and I never knew he wrote so many other books. Makes me wants to research more on Roald Dahl's life.

Beverly Cleary

I'm sure I read ALL of her books, hardback or paperback, in every cover design possible. These were definitely the books I reached for first. The fact that she is still alive and is a lovely lady at 97 years is great!

Peggy Parrish

She passed away when I was only 6 years old, but I loved her Amelia Bedelia stories.

Arnold Lobel

I loved his stories of Frog and Toad, the best of friends even though they were different.

Shel Silverstein

His books began my love for poetry. And he's a songwriter.


Do you remember your favorite childhood author?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...