Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Remembering Childhood Valentines (& links to great ideas)

Valentine's Day is around the corner! There are so many great ideas out there! When I saw a few of these, it reminded me of my childhood. How nice it would be to surprise an old friend, loved one or kids with these ideas!

(source)
When I saw this secret message post from  The Pleasantest Thing, I remember note writing and decoding letters from my friends. Here's another example of secret messages and other kid friendly valentines crafts from Better Homes.

Secret Messages
(source)

Valentine Jokes Fortune Teller - post has folding directions and 14 Valentine knock-knock jokes that my kids loved!
(source)
Do you still remember how to fold a fortune teller? I do! Here's photo instructions if you don't remember, from Modern Parents Messy Kids.

(source)
I LOVE pencils (and other writing tools). I used to collect pretty pencils and erasers as a child. I love this valentine idea from Bits of Everything. Stacking pencils were are my favorite. To me, they were cool before mechanical pencils were cool.

DIY Felt Valentine Medals
(source)
Mix Valentines and the Olympics with felt valentines medals from handmade Charlotte.

Other Great Ideas: 


Here's a list of great ideas for Thrifty Valentines from the readers of The Frugal Girls.

(source)

I am loving this Vintage Valentine Day post from Shabby Apple. Makes me wish I kept my old valentines. I remember receiving some cute designs.

(source)

Buzzfeed has a great list of 30 Punny Valentines. Love a handmade card!

Blushing fruits.
(source)

What other kinds of Valentines did you receive as a child? Have some ideas to share? You can leave your links in the comments or share them on my What Are You Doing? Blog Hop #38!


~Sara


I linked this blog post to:
Epic Mommy Adventures Angie Ryg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...