Friday, May 30, 2014

Jogless Stripes tutorial from NeedleNoodles.com

I always have trouble making organized stripes. So when I decided to add stripes to the market bag, I went searching online and found this wonderful tutorial from Needle Noodles on how to make jogless stripes in the round. 


At the bottom of this picture, you can see how the spacing in the second blue row was wonky. That's when I was getting frustrated with my method and looked for a new way. The website shows two different way to make the jogless stripes. This is the 2nd Method (She also has video tutorials for the visual-type people like me).


When you get to the end of each round...


Remove your hook from the loop and place it where the slip stitch should be going in.


Put the loop back on the hook and prepare the next color yarn.


Yarn over with the secondary color and pull through the loop and the stitch, completing the gray stripe.


Then crochet as usual with the new color.


The tutorial on Needle Noodles is shown for single crochet, but this method works well for double crochet too. Make sure you check out Needle Noodle's website, and I found her page on Facebook too!

~ Sara


I shared this blog on: 
Epic Mommy Adventures ”TitiCrafty Skip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...