Monday, June 10, 2024

Thrifting and mending

I don't know about you, but one of the things I love about thrifting is that I can find something I like (and it fits), and if it is ripped or broken I can mend it. It give me such joy to see something get a new use or life out of it just by sewing. Especially when I find a pair of pants that fit me, I can fix or mend it to get more use. 

For example, I found a pair of pants at the thrift store. The only issue I saw is that the ties in the front were frayed. I'll admit I didn't fix it for a couple of years, but today I finally took out a needle and thread and mended the two frays. Good thing I had some thread and a needle at work. It seems like I feel more creative thoughts when I am focusing on my daily office work. Anyways, I wanted to show the before and after to see the difference. 

I love mending so much. It reminds me of my mom and how she taught me how to sew and fix my clothes. I never thought it was something necessary because I didn't use it so much. But as a mom, I have been mending more things and it reminds me of my mom.

Before and after photos of mending

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...