Thursday, May 23, 2013

How to show HTML in a textbox in the sidebar on Blogger


I've been blogging for about 10 years now, and I've picked up some HTML basics along the way, like creating text boxes, changing backgrounds, etc.I had this problem recently and it took me a long time to figure it out. I tried googling how to do this specific thing but I couldn't find it.
So this is my entry on how to add HTML in a textbox in the sidebar on Blogger.

Do you see how I have these button html code on the sidebar?


For a while, they looked like this:



To get the html to show in the textbox, all you have to do is go to layout, click on the area where your button is, and click on the Rich Text link on the right.


When you open the section where your buttons are, you can clearly see the problem. The program has changed the "<" and ">" symbols into gibberish: &lt; and &gtl; is showing on my html.


When you click on Rich Text you see the same &lt; text.


All you have to do from here is edit the html in the box or copy/paste to show what you want. Don't forget to save it!


You should be able to see the HTML in the textbox on you sidebar. I hope this tutorial helped!


I linked this blog entry to:
Adorned From Above Blog Hop Sumo's Sweet Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...