Thursday, May 23, 2013

I'm getting my gym back!

Gym

I woke up this morning with a mission: to get my gym membership, one way or another (finally).

Here's the short of this long story. I've been working at a university for almost 5 years now. I was taking classes and working part-time. Now that I finished my bachelor degree in Sociology (in December 2011), I was hoping to get a full time job on campus with benefits. That way I can do my graduate classes fo FREE! That's right, FO FREE. This is why I wanted to get a full-time job on campus in the first place.

Anyways, it's been almost a year and a half, and no luck getting a full time job in the same position. I love my job, and I love helping the professors. The department has been trying to hire me for full time every since I graduated, but the higher ups are not budging (yet). So what the department had to do was keep me as a part time 20 hours a week employee, and they are paying me overtime of 20 hours. So I am working full time, with lower pay and none of the benefits. It's been frustrating at times, but I hope things will change by next month.

This lack of a full time position has stopped me from getting the benefits that I want need right now, especially a lower fee for using the gym monthly. So this morning, I woke up with the determination to get my gym membership back! If I can get a staff I.D. (since I am working full time), I can pay less monthly to use the gym. If I can't, I am still an alumni, and I have to pay $10 more than staff.

Either way, I am getting my gym back! It's been so difficult trying to exercise on my own. I have been eating better, but I need that extra time on a machine. With the gym on campus I get free classes, access to the pool and SHOWERS (thank you God for showers)! I worked out at another gym that had no showers. I felt so awkward going to work a sweaty. NEVER AGAIN.

 It makes me sad when I can't fit into my fat pants anymore. These extra pounds have got to go! NOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...